Twickenham Test Centre
200 Whitton Road, Gate D
You will need to follow all of these instructions when you visit the test centre:
- To avoid risk of cross-contamination, our centre is a drive-thru. You must arrive by car (not on foot, via public transport, by taxi or by any other means). Only people from your household may be in the car with you.
- Do not exit the car at any point whilst on site.
- Please note, toilet facilities will not be available.
- When you arrive at the main gate DO NOT lower your windows.
- Once you are on site, we will use the car registration that you have provided to identify you - this is how you will be given access to the site.
- Please press photographic ID against the window for site security to see.
- You will be directed to a testing lane, where a member of our trained National Testing Team will instruct you to lower your window to carry out a COVID-19 test. Please note that your test may be either assisted or self-administered - you will be directed by a member of staff on site.
- You will then be instructed to follow the link on your phone which will enable you to scan your test kit\'s barcode.
- Your results will then be sent back to your phone by text in around 72 hours.
When you are at the test station please:
- Park with your handbrake on.
- Turn your engine off.
- Turn your radio off.
- Have your phone ready for after your test, to scan the barcode of the test kit.
The test you will receive is throat and nose swab test.
You will not be required to leave the car to take this test. If you are unable to drive yourself, please arrange for someone within your household to drive you to site, and then you sit in the back seat on the driver\'s side. Please under no circumstances risk contaminating anyone else by asking someone who is not in your household to take you to a test centre.
After you have been tested and scanned your test kit\'s barcode, please drive away and leave the centre, following guidance of on-site traffic operatives.
Please stay at home and continue to follow government guidelines of self-isolation throughout this process.
The Test Centre will contact you by text message on the mobile number you have provided with your test results as soon as these are ready. These may take around 72 hours.
Once you have received your results please contact your employer informing them of your results and follow the relevant government guidance.
We are only testing priority NHS key workers. Therefore please do not share details about the test centres with anyone else.